UNICEF SFU has joined a nation-wide initiative of university and college students, focused on advocating and educating others of the perils that millions of children face throughout the developing world. By hosting several fundraising events throughout the SFU campuses and in the community, our club is also devoted to raising funds to help UNICEF Canada complete their mission of improving the lives of children in 156 different countries. UNICEF SFU welcomes all SFU students to join.
UNICEF SFU's Mission
- Advocate for the protection of children's rights, help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential
- Mobilize political will and material resources to help countries ensure a "first call for children" and build their capacity to do so
- Respond in emergencies to relieve the suffering of children and those who provide their care
- Promote the equal rights of women and girls, and support their full participation in the development of their communities
- Work towards the human development goals, and the peace and social progress enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations
For further information, please visit UNICEF.ca and UNICEF.org.
UNICEF SFU's Vision
To be the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized.
UNICEF SFU's Focus
UNICEF has six themes that we focus on in our advocacy campaigns and on-campus events:
- Child Survival
- Child Protection